PowWeb Forums - The Perfect Community for the Perfect Host  

Register now to interact with over 11,000 members! Registered users have Posting Privileges, free access to Private Messaging, Email Notifications and more.

Go Back   PowWeb Community Forums > The PowWeb Platform > General Issues / Questions
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4-21-12, 08:58 AM   #1
jarigo2

Comment Boxes? Suggestions?

I want a comment box to my blog www.pizzapie24x7.com.

For another blog I run I used to use JS-KIT Echo but they are cancelling service in a few months. This led me to not want a java script based comment system since I don't have control of anything in terms of service interruption. I was messing around with facebook connect but I'm not happy with the comment moderation system. I don't like having to login to facebook to moderate comments.

I've looked into GentleSource scripts to install myself but I'm afraid I'm signing myself up for days and days worth of headaches since i'm a real rookie in terms of web design.

All I want is a simple comment box that could be placed at the bottom of each page. When someone comments I'd like the option to moderate it. Email notification would be great.

I've googled and googled and I'm getting stuck. I don't know what type of system to select and whether I should just pay someone to install the dang thing. I know how to design basic websites but I think this type of self installation may be over my head. Would a web design company be able to help me with this?

I realize if I used Wordpress or something like that this would be a no brainer but I dont. My method of creation is to write a .shtml file in notepad and upload it to the FTP server.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

John
jarigo2 is offline   Reply With Quote